Each year, the Bellevue Police Foundation honors a police officer who has demonstrated exceptional professional achievement, personal commitment, and continuing community service, who has made a significant positive impact to the community, and to public safety. The 2016 award recipient is a fourteen year veteran of the Department, and a fine officer who represents the best the Bellevue Police Department has to offer - Officer Robin Peacey.
Officer Peacey is a member of the Chief of Police Communications Committee, the City of Bellevue Innovation Academy, the Police Department Recruiting Team and the Department's Hiring Board. She serves as Secretary for the Bellevue Police Officers Guild and is a tenured member of the Hostage Negotiation Team, which involves talking people out of committing suicide, and negotiating barricaded subjects out of very tense situations.
On top of all this, and her many duties as a Patrol officer, she has taken on many additional responsibilities. As a Senior Field Training Officer in 2015, she trained eleven newly hired officers through weeks of post-academy training. She follows the Patrol Unit's philosophy of Crime, Traffic, and Relationships, by taking the time to get to know the residents, business owners, criminal element, and the less fortunate in her assigned district.
Some of the noteworthy activities and dedication to the community have been shown by:
- Preparing thirty care packages at Thanksgiving that included warm socks, toiletries, and food to distribute to fellow officers to hand out to people in need.
- Regularly serving dinner at the Salvation Army Eastside Community Center.
- Volunteering during Christmas with other officers to wrap and deliver gifts to patients at Seattle Children's Hospital.
- Facilitating, with her squad, the "adoption" of a young patient and huge police fan as a "Junior Cop," later visiting his home where they delivered gifts, took photos, and let the child sit in a patrol car.
- Acting as the Police Department's representative to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
- Assisting the Fire Department with a stroke patient later determined to be a police officer from another agency, and staying throughout the night with the family, arranging for food, and initiating a fundraiser to benefit the family.
Her supervisor stated, "This caring officer, with her experience and knowledge of policing, will benefit Bellevue residents for years to come. Her dedication to our profession is unmatched, and she is a great ambassador for our department." We thank Officer Robin Peacey for representing the highest standards of the police profession, and her many ongoing contributions to both the Bellevue Police Department and the Bellevue community.