Empowering Those Who Serve.
The Bellevue Police Foundation stands beside the men and women of the Bellevue Police Department. The Foundation fosters public support of the police professionals whose dedication and personal sacrifice secures the stability that is critical to the economic and social vibrancy of the community.
The Foundation understands the need for effective law enforcement and supports the Department’s mission to constantly provide the highest quality police services possible to a growing city.
Toward that goal, the Bellevue Police Foundation raises funds to support:
• The men and women who protect the community
• Equipment acquisition for innovative state-of-the art policing
• Professional development for excellence in public safety
• Public recognition of the department’s successes and achievements
About the Foundation
The Bellevue Police Foundation, Inc. was established in 2007 by business and civic leaders as an independent, non-profit organization to strengthen the services of the Bellevue Police Department and to improve public safety in the City of Bellevue.
The Bellevue Police Foundation is the only organization authorized to raise funds for the Bellevue Police Department. The Foundation does not employ telephone solicitors nor use Internet marketers.
The Police Foundation supports Bellevue Police Department initiatives and programs that the city cannot readily fund. Less than 2% of the police department's annual budget goes to discretionary spending on equipment. The Police Foundation helps the Bellevue Police Department keep pace with rapidly evolving technology, training techniques and strategies. By supporting innovative projects, our public-private partnership provides the Bellevue Police Department with the means to launch experimental programs, expand training and further its professionalism.
Public safety cannot rest on the shoulders of law enforcement alone. As much as we all need the police, they need our support as well. Please join us in our important work by contributing as generously as you can. The Bellevue Police Foundation is registered with the State of Washington as a non-profit charitable corporation. Contributions to the Police Foundation are tax-deductible under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our federal tax ID number is 30-6130338.
What We've Achieved
Distribution of Grant Awards
Since its inception in 2009, the Foundation has provided nearly $600,000 in funding to the Bellevue Police Department. Here are some highlights:
- Smartphones for all First Responders ($34,641)
- Three Police K-9s and Three K-9 Ballistic Vests ($33,578)
- Thermal Fingerprint Developer ($20,651)
- Five Personal Radiation Detectors for the Bomb Squad ($14,645)
- Faro Laser Scanner and Equipment ($62,610)
- Bomb Squad Blast Tracker Sensors ($7,271)
- Throwbot XT Robots ($16,584)
- One Apple and Two Tri Tech Workstations ($29,127)